E-Learning Resources and Information
E-learning has begun!
Here is what you need to know...
All CEC schools will be closed until April 30. Starting March 23rd, students will participate in e-learning via Microsoft Teams on smart phones, computers or tablets. E-learning will operate Monday-Friday 8 a.m.- 8 p.m.
This page contains important information and resources to assist you with the e-learning plan we are implementing, including access to low-cost computers and internet. Please read thoroughly.
What resources are available for learning how to use Microsoft 365 Teams?
What is the attendance policy for e-learning?
How do I excuse and absence?
Does my student need to be logged in at their usual class time?
How often do students have to log in?
What if my student doesn't have access to a computer or the Internet?
- Cost is $199.00
- Limit (2) Chromebooks per family
- First come, first served
- Computers will arrive after Tuesday, March 25th. Specific date and pick-up procedure will forthcoming.
- Comcast Internet Essentials - http://www.internetessentials.com/
- Assurance Wireless - https://www.assurancewireless.com/lifeline-services/states/colorado-lifeline-free-government-phone-service
- Freedom Pop Mobile - https://www.freedompop.com/
- PCs for People - https://www.pcsforpeople.org/low-cost-internet/
- Comcast, T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon have all eliminated all data caps for their mobile customers for the next 60 days (Link)
What if my student needs help logging in or accessing e-learning content?
- Open a ticket - Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Support (M-F, 7:30-4:00) – 970-305-4303
technical issues, etc.
How will my students meet with their academic advisor?
We will still be conducting our advising appointments at the times you have scheduled, but they will be virtual. The platform we will be using for these appointments is Microsoft Teams. Below is the information you will need to access your advising appointment:
- At your scheduled advising time, be sure you are logged into your Microsoft Teams account. If you are using your phone, make sure the camera/microphone option is on.
- Your advisor will then call you using the Microsoft Teams app.
- Accept the call using either the camera icon or telephone icon.
- Your advising appointment has begun.
If you have any further questions about this, please feel free to reach out to your advisor.
Will students be returning to physical classes before the end of the Spring 2020 semester?
Is enrollment for the 2020-21 school year still open?