Like all Colorado public schools, CEC Parker is mandated to administer state assessments each spring semester. These are mandatory assessments that all high school students take whether they are on our Parker main campus or a CECP College Direct student attending a community college.
CMAS and PSAT/SAT are the only common measuring tools for Colorado students. Measuring real-world skills like problem-solving and critical thinking, the tests are aligned to classroom work so teachers do not have to “teach to the test." Instruction based on the standards is the best preparation. While state assessments are only one measure of student learning, having all Colorado students take this set of assessments provides parents with answers to these important questions:
- Did my child meet the state standards?
- How well is my child doing compared to other students?
- Which schools and districts perform best in preparing students for academic success?
- Which districts have the best performance on the state assessments for children with special needs?
Additionally, state assessment results provide:
- Information districts can use, in combination with other district information, to evaluate programs.
- Information educators need to help improve instruction.
- Identification of districts and schools that have struggling students, so help can be provided.
- Recognition of high performing systems so others may learn from them.
Important SAT Resources
Important CMAS Resources