Once a student has been accepted to CECP, they will need to take the Community College Placement Test (CCPT). Placement testing for new students will be held at the beginning of May.
- CCPT is a suite of computer-adaptive placement tests that quickly, accurately, and efficiently assess reading, writing, and math skills.
- All students are required to take the Basic CCPT as part of the CECP enrollment process.
- The Basic CCPT is used as a placement test—not an entrance exam--and does not directly affect a student's eligibility for acceptance.
- Basic CCPT modules include untimed math, reading comprehension, an essay, and sentence structure tests.
- CCPT is taken completely online and must be proctored by a qualified CECP staff member on the CECP campus.
- Students should allow 4 hours to complete CCPT. Some studentscomplete the test more quickly. A few take longer.