Employees who work at CECP can expect:
- A Culture of High Expectations:All of CECP’s graduates are expected to attend college while in high school.
- Amazing Colleagues:The CECP team is comprised of highly talented, successful, passionate educators who are committed to educating underserved students.
- A Supportive Team:CECP supports each one of their team members in a highly collaborative environment both in their professional and personal lives.
- Professional Learning:CECP is a learning organization which supports and challenges each staff member to learn and grow through consistent professional learning, coaching and peer support.
- Professional Success:CECP provides everyone on our team the opportunity to succeed at the highest level – inspiring and changing the lives of our students.
CECP values these qualities in great teachers:
- Ability to plan and implement creative, challenging, hands-on, and engaging lessons.
- Knowledge of effective techniques for classroom management leadership, communication, and diplomacy with parents and colleagues
- Demonstrated ability to build a supportive and positive learning environment.
- Knowledge of current teaching methodologies and strategies
- Knowledge of effective use of technology in the classroom.
- Knowledge of differentiation and engagement strategies.
- Knowledge of evaluation and assessment of student progress.
Required Qualifications for Teaching Candidates: Applicants for teaching positions in core subject areas (Math, Science, English, History, Spanish and Art) should generally meet the following requirements: 1) The equivalent of a college major in the subject area to be taught (at least 24 credit hours) OR a passing score on the appropriate subject area, Praxis or Place exam OR Colorado teaching license. Candidates should also have a 3.0 college grade point average or higher.
Required Qualifications for Adjunct Candidates: All Adjunct faculty must meet the following guidelines: 1) Masters Degree in the subject area in which they will teach; or 2) Masters Degree in any subject area with 18 graduate hours in the subject area in which they will teach. 3) Candidates must also provide copies of transcripts when submitting an application.